Limestone Creek Elementary PTO
If you are a Room Parent for the 2020/2021 school year, please click the link below to fill out the room parent form.
Getting involved at Limestone Creek Elementary is a great way to show support for your teachers, PTO, and school!
If you're interested in being a Room Parent/PTO Class Liason, please plan to attend the first General PTO Meeting on September 16th at 6:00pm in the media center. At this meeting you will learn about school events and volunteer opportunities as well as meet Principal Lloyd, PTO Board Officers and other parents. This meeting will include a brief Volunteer and Room Parent Orientation. If possible, it is best to make other arrangements for your children that evening and not bring them to the meeting.
Typical Room Parent Responsibilities (this can vary from teacher to teacher)
In the Classroom
- Create a classroom contact e-mail list (with parent's permission).
- Coordinate volunteers and collect supplies for classroom events
- Perform or coordinate volunteers for light administrative duties such as copying, putting up bulletin boards, stapling/collating etc.
- Collect items or money for teacher gifts during the holidays, teacher/staff appreciation week in May, or for end of the year activities.
- Work with the PTO to keep your classroom parents informed of PTO meetings and events
- Assist in gathering volunteers from the class for PTO family events such as Walk-a-thon, the Sweetheart Dance, and Mother/Son event.
- Note: You will only receive an email from PTO when a meeting or event is happening in which we need your assistance in communicating to the class and your teacher. The School's Volunteer Coordinator will also seek your assistance in finding volunteers for school-wide events such as SWISH, school picture days, and health screenings, and PE field days. All email addresses will be kept confidential and will only be used for official PTO and school business.
As always, we thank you for your interest in these very important and rewarding classroom volunteer positions. We ask that you always communicate with your teacher first, and please respect classroom guidelines your teacher may have regarding Room Parents.
Please email questions to [email protected]
General Room Parent Do's and Don'ts
Communicate with your teacher about what she needs you to do
Create a list of activities and volunteer needs and share with class parents
Get teacher approval before planning parties and events
Ask parents to help so that everyone is included
Make it clear that participation in gift giving is optional
Be the PTO communication liaison so that parents are involved of PTO activities and events
Ask the teacher if there are any children in the class that have not granted permission for photo sharing and contact information sharing
Send an email to parents without putting the addresses into the BCC line
Use your role as a Room Parent to ask for special favors
Make it mandatory that parents contribute towards a gift of activity
Be rude or inconsiderate towards other parents
Intentionally leave out other parents
Go against teacher wishes
Share photos or contact information without obtaining permission from every child in the class (thru the teacher)